Sailor Moon Short Stories 1 Author: Visit Amazon's Naoko Takeuchi Page | Language: English | ISBN:
1612624421 | Format: PDF
Sailor Moon Short Stories 1 Description
- Series: Sailor Moon Short Stories (Book 1)
- Paperback: 200 pages
- Publisher: Kodansha Comics (September 10, 2013)
- Language: English
- ISBN-10: 1612624421
- ISBN-13: 978-1612624426
- Product Dimensions: 7.4 x 5 x 0.6 inches
- Shipping Weight: 9.4 ounces (View shipping rates and policies)
For the most part, this adaptation of the short stories Naoko Tacheuchi produced relating to Sailor Moon was alright.
The only real gripe I have with it is the "Hammer Price Hall" short story. I loved that short in the original TokyoPop rendition, but the two characters (Ruruna and Naruru)did NOT have valley girl accents or use the word 'like' after every other word. Don't get me wrong, they were still obsessed with cosplaying and buying all the popular fashions, but their speech wasn't so impeded by unnecessary language. I understand that they were trying to incorporate the popular/valley girl attitude, but I think with that particular story they went so overboard with it as to make it nearly unreadable. Honestly, it was bad enough that I almost ended up skipping it (because I had read prior adaptations that were not so mangled).
Other than that and a few other problems (such as current lingo like "my bad" and "bro" being used in books that were written in the early 90s and that would not have appeared in Japan at that time), it was alright.
It should be noted to those reading this that originally, these stories were included as one shots in Kodansha's "Run Run", a separate manga anthology than Nakayoshi, which is where all of the serialized Sailor Moon manga first debuted. When Kodansha originally collected the issues of Sailor Moon for manga book release, the stories were included side by side with the original story line in the order that they were created. So hence, you wouldn't have the first Picture Diary story alongside the second as they take place at two different points in the story.
I'm not sure if including all the short stories was a wise decision, but perhaps it was.
Sailor Moon Short Stories 1 Preview
Link
Please Wait...