The Crucified Life: How To Live Out A Deeper Christian Experience Author: A. W. Tozer | Language: English | ISBN:
B005WJGWK6 | Format: PDF
The Crucified Life: How To Live Out A Deeper Christian Experience Description
"I am crucified with Christ: nevertheless I live; yet not I, but Christ liveth in me; and the life which now I live in the flesh I live by the faith of the Son of God, who loved me, and gave himself for me."
The apostle Paul declared in his letter to the Galatians that he had been “crucified with Christ.” But what does this mean? Is this a claim every believer can and should make? The Crucified Life is a comprehensive exploration of these questions, answered with the deep, biblical thinking for which Tozer was revered. “God is ingenious in developing crosses for His followers,” Tozer was fond of saying. At the heart of the book is a call to believers to follow Christ to the Cross and be raised to new life—a call to live and thrive in the crucified life.
- File Size: 981 KB
- Print Length: 225 pages
- Page Numbers Source ISBN: 1613750382
- Publisher: Regal (September 6, 2011)
- Sold by: Amazon Digital Services, Inc.
- Language: English
- ASIN: B005WJGWK6
- Text-to-Speech: Enabled
X-Ray:
- Lending: Enabled
- Amazon Best Sellers Rank: #460 Paid in Kindle Store (See Top 100 Paid in Kindle Store)
- #2
in Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Nonfiction > Religion & Spirituality > Christianity > Christian Living > Spiritual Growth - #2
in Books > Christian Books & Bibles > Christian Living > Spiritual Growth - #2
in Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Nonfiction > Religion & Spirituality > Christianity > Christian Living > Inspirational
- #2
in Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Nonfiction > Religion & Spirituality > Christianity > Christian Living > Spiritual Growth - #2
in Books > Christian Books & Bibles > Christian Living > Spiritual Growth - #2
in Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Nonfiction > Religion & Spirituality > Christianity > Christian Living > Inspirational
This IS one of the BEST books, and may be THE BEST book I have ever read on the subject of "take up YOUR cross, deny yourself..." I have only read about half of it so far.
However, there is MORE. As usual Tozer brings it down to our personal lives and makes it practical but he also talks about the application to the Church as well as the individual.
One of the most important topics Tozer touches on is 'right doctrine' verses LIFE, or living the doctrine that we believe in. It seems to me that one of the great deceptions today, in the Church and with many believers is that they have reduced FAITH to believing in 'right doctrine' and it does NOT matter how you live! This is what the book of James was addressing, "you SAY you have faith?" "I will SHOW you my faith..." In other words TRUE faith can be seen, it makes a difference in HOW we live, not merely how we think!
I have read MANY books on this topic over the last 30+ years, and I have recently read two other books on this topic, so I know a lot about the subject. However, I am STILL working on LIVING IT out. It is not easy but it is RIGHT, it IS the 'Right Way', and you will find JOY on this road, no matter how morose it may seem now.
DEAR Brother and Sister PLEASE - Don't be deceived by GOING the easy and WIDE way.
By R. Lacy
This words of Dr. Tozer pierces deep into the soul of man. The plain truth is presented here. Strive to enter through the Narrow Gate. Broad is the gate to damnation and many go through it. Dr. Tozer encourages us to take up our own crosses and follow the Lord. This book will be definitely loved by those who love Holiness, Righteousness and those who desire a closer walk with the Lord.
By Roney T. Varkey
The Crucified Life: How To Live Out A Deeper Christian Experience Preview
Link
Please Wait...