Hardening, Tempering and Heat Treatment Author: George Gently | Language: English | ISBN:
0852428375 | Format: EPUB
Hardening, Tempering and Heat Treatment Description
A comprehensive exposition of the structure of steels and the effects of different heat treatments, particularly in respect of tools. It includes solid fuel, gas and electric furnaces, case hardening, tempering and other practical information. Features accurate colour temperature charts.
- Paperback: 128 pages
- Publisher: Trans-Atlantic Publications, Inc. (June 10, 1984)
- Language: English
- ISBN-10: 0852428375
- ISBN-13: 978-0852428375
- Product Dimensions: 5.9 x 8.2 inches
- Shipping Weight: 5.6 ounces (View shipping rates and policies)
I found this book lacking in what I was looking for in a users guide. It lacks seriously in the Workshop Practice IMO.I was hoping for more practical data and instruction on how to achieve hardening and tempering for a less than controlled furnace environment for the more amateur user. I could get all the info contained here in internet search so I am dissapointed in the book . I think the title is somewhat misleading.
By Ironman
It would be a good introductory test to tempering, but I was looking for more detail. The terminology is all British, as is the author. I speak metric just fine, but I am stuck with SAE steels and the author is stuck with British or Euro designations.
By Curtis F Laws
Hardening, Tempering and Heat Treatment Preview
Link
Please Wait...