• About
  • Privacy Policy
  • Disclaimer
  • Contact

Free epub

Search Free Epub Books Look Up Quick Results Now!

  • Home
  • How To Download
  • Computer
  • Engineering
  • Medical
  • Mystery
Home » Teen » Free Epub Fallen

Free Epub Fallen

admin
Add Comment
Teen
Friday, September 6, 2013

Fallen

Author: Lauren Kate | Language: English | ISBN: B002WE46VG | Format: EPUB

Fallen Description


There's something achingly familiar about Daniel Grigori.

Mysterious and aloof, he captures Luce Price's attention from the moment she sees him on her first day at the Sword & Cross boarding school in sultry Savannah, Georgia. He's the one bright spot in a place where cell phones are forbidden, the other students are all screw-ups, and security cameras watch every move.

Even though Daniel wants nothing to do with Luce--and goes out of his way to make that very clear--she can't let it go. Drawn to him like a moth to a flame, she has to find out what Daniel is so desperate to keep secret . . . even if it kills her.

Dangerously exciting and darkly romantic, Fallen is a page turning thriller and the ultimate love story.
  • Product Details
  • Table of Contents
  • Reviews
  • File Size: 2575 KB
  • Print Length: 466 pages
  • Page Numbers Source ISBN: 0375868038
  • Publisher: Delacorte Press (December 8, 2009)
  • Sold by: Random House LLC
  • Language: English
  • ASIN: B002WE46VG
  • Text-to-Speech: Not enabled
  • X-Ray:
    Enabled
  • Lending: Enabled
  • Amazon Best Sellers Rank: #5,648 Paid in Kindle Store (See Top 100 Paid in Kindle Store)
    • #18
      in Books > Children's Books > Growing Up & Facts of Life > Family Life > Values
    • #59
      in Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Teen & Young Adult > Romance > Paranormal & Fantasy
    • #63
      in Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Teen & Young Adult > Science Fiction & Fantasy > Fantasy > Paranormal & Urban
  • #18
    in Books > Children's Books > Growing Up & Facts of Life > Family Life > Values
  • #59
    in Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Teen & Young Adult > Romance > Paranormal & Fantasy
  • #63
    in Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Teen & Young Adult > Science Fiction & Fantasy > Fantasy > Paranormal & Urban
Quick & Dirty: Ultimately this tale isn't captivating and lacks a real villain.

Opening Sentence: Around midnight, her eyes at last took shape.

The Review:

Marketing almost sold me on this book, but the book itself couldn't close the deal. With a beautiful cover, the promise of a tragic love story, a creepy, gothic boarding school setting, and fallen angels, I expected a compelling read. Unfortunately, Fallen is a disappointment.

Fallen's protagonist, Luce, is a suspected arsonist, and claims that she's constantly stalked by malevolent shadows. Her parents, at their breaking point, send her to Sword & Cross, a boarding school. Once at Sword & Cross, Luce battles the typical "new girl" problems and immediately catches the eye of two hot guys at the school. She finds herself drawn to the mysterious Daniel and is determined to find out more about him and his past.

Fallen is a flawed novel and I had to struggle to finish. Fallen was crafted in such a way as to make the story predictable and ultimately doing little to keep the reader engaged. I knew Fallen was a series so I didn't expect the overall story arc to unfold at a breakneck pace, but I did expect something to actually happen. The pacing of the story is slow with little to no action. In my opinion, a lot of the chapters that were written really didn't do much to move the plot forward.

I think the most damning aspect for me is the author's inversion of the Show vs. Tell concept. Meaning, Ms. Kate did more telling than showing me what I needed as a reader. Daniel and Luce are supposed to have this amazing connection and be hopelessly in love, yet none of this is shown to the reader. Ms.
WARNING: SPOILERS. Not that you wouldn't figure them out yourself in a few pages, but hey, fair warning:

Wow, so with the vast difference in opinions I'm seeing in reviews of this book, I figured I'd throw my hat into the ring. I almost didn't read it, because of the negative reviews I saw, but I'm glad I did. Now there seem to be more positive than negative comments, but maybe I just misread the number of negatives the first time because I read them on my phone instead of a computer screen. Anyway, I liked FALLEN.

There were problems with this book. I'm not denying that. Most of the time Luce is searching for answers, but she really isn't figuring much out. The readers have pretty much figured out by halfway through, at least, that Daniel is a fallen angel and may well be among others of his kind at Sword and Cross. I mean, if the title wasn't a dead give away, there's the Paradise Lost references, and the whole "Los Angeles" thing. Coincidence? I think not. So, you're searching for a mystery that you already know the answer to for quite a while. Also, the first chapter let's the audience in on why Daniel might be fighting the relationship. I think that's the main problem: the audience knows WAY more than Luce, so it's easy to be exasperated by her ignorance. I left the book thinking of Luce as being a bit of a wimp compared to her hardcore angel retinue, but after some thought, I realize she braves a supernatural fire to save a friend; she hides the horrors of reform school from her parents to protect them and keep them from worrying; and she races into a cemetary of doom filled with creeptastic shadows and weird pyrotechnics of destruction to go save her boyfriend. Not bad for a human chick surrounded by supernatural beings.

Fallen Preview

Link

Please Wait...

0 Response to "Free Epub Fallen"

← Newer Post Older Post → Home
Subscribe to: Post Comments (Atom)

Label

  • Art
  • Biography
  • Business
  • Children
  • Comics
  • Computer
  • Cookbooks
  • Craft
  • Education
  • Engineering
  • Health
  • History
  • Humor
  • Literature
  • Medical
  • Mystery
  • Parenting
  • Politics
  • Religion
  • Science
  • Science Fiction
  • Self Help
  • Sports
  • Teen
  • Travel

Page

  • Home
Powered by Blogger.
Copyright 2013 Free epub - All Rights Reserved Design by Mas Sugeng - Powered by Blogger and Google