• About
  • Privacy Policy
  • Disclaimer
  • Contact

Free epub

Search Free Epub Books Look Up Quick Results Now!

  • Home
  • How To Download
  • Computer
  • Engineering
  • Medical
  • Mystery
Home » Teen » Free Epub Eyes Wide Open

Free Epub Eyes Wide Open

admin
Add Comment
Teen
Wednesday, September 25, 2013

Eyes Wide Open

Author: | Language: English | ISBN: B00BC0O3YQ | Format: EPUB

Eyes Wide Open Description

Who am I?

My name is Christy Snow. I'm 17 and I'm about to die. I'm buried in a coffin under tons of concrete. No one knows where I am. My heart sounds like a monster with clobber feet, running straight toward me.

I'm lying on my back, soaked with sweat from the hair on my head to the soles of my feet. My hands and feet won't stop shaking. Some will say that I'm not really here. Some will say I'm delusional. Some will say that I don t even exist. But who are they? I'm the one buried in a grave.

My name is Christy Snow. I'm 17. I'm about to die.

So who are you?

In a return to the kind of storytelling that made Black, Showdown and Three unforgettable, Ted Dekker drags that question into the light with this modern day parable about how we see ourselves. Humming with intensity and blindsided twists, Eyes Wide Open is raw adrenaline from the first page to the last pure escapism packed with inescapable truth. Not all is as it seems. Or is it? Strap yourself in for the ride of your life. Literally.

  • Product Details
  • Table of Contents
  • Reviews
  • Audible Audio Edition
  • Listening Length: 7 hours and 4 minutes
  • Program Type: Audiobook
  • Version: Unabridged
  • Publisher: Ted Dekker
  • Audible.com Release Date: February 6, 2013
  • Whispersync for Voice: Ready
  • Language: English
  • ASIN: B00BC0O3YQ
Two teenage friends, Austin and Christy, both with "forgotten" childhoods get accidentally lost in a mental hospital. You'd think once they could explain their situation, all would be fine and they'd leave and go on their way.

But this is a Ted Dekker novel.

The hospital authorities re-admit them both as Scott and Alice. So who are they? Are they Austin and Christy or Scott and Alice? Dekker weaves his clever story telling skills in a thrill-of-a-minute ride where even we the reader are unsure of the truth.

The truth? What is it? How can we be certain we know the truth? Why do our perceptions of our reality play such an important part in our understanding of our individual lives? Who can provide the truth, about who we are? about our childhood?

These are great questions which Dekker asks as we the confused reader try to understand what's going on in the two protagonists lives. Are the doctors and even delightful psychiatrist Nancy really the bad guys?

Dekker challenges us beyond the story to question our own perceptions of truth.

I would have given this a '5', however, the sudden intrusion of a character near the end of the novel I found to be a little contrived and somewhat fantastic. I understand now why this character was injected into the novel, but it allowed a degree of artificial resolution. Those familiar with Dekker's "Showdown" novels will be able to relate to this character very easily, however, those new to Dekker may find it a little abrupt.

In saying that I'm keen to read the sequel to understand how Dekker develops these themes.

I read this over a series of 4 e-books which were released a week apart. I thoroughly enjoyed this process of reading the novel.

If you're a Dekker fan, you'll love this. And those new to his work will enjoy it's freshness and powerful thematic premise.
By Ian Acheson
Eyes Wide Open by Ted Dekker introduces two characters Christy Snow and her friend Austin. As in most of Ted's previous works, you assume one thing is happening but see it unravel as something else.I had the opportunity to read this book in four installments that are available as e-books over the last few weeks. Identity, Mirrors. Unseen and Seer. Had the whole book been available at one time,I would have read it in less time. Supernatural Thrillers are not my genre of choice, but a well-written book always captures my mind. Christy and Austin's struggle with their identity and their attempts to discover what is truth and what is delusion parallel every Christian's walk in this life.I found the plot compelling and the conclusion satisfying yet leaving me with a desire to explore the other stories recommended at the end of the book.
Even if thrillers are not your cup of tea, you should pour over the delicious words in this book and experience the fragrance of the faith challenge expressed here.
Eyes Wide Open
By Cindy_Huff

Eyes Wide Open Preview

Link

Please Wait...

0 Response to "Free Epub Eyes Wide Open"

← Newer Post Older Post → Home
Subscribe to: Post Comments (Atom)

Label

  • Art
  • Biography
  • Business
  • Children
  • Comics
  • Computer
  • Cookbooks
  • Craft
  • Education
  • Engineering
  • Health
  • History
  • Humor
  • Literature
  • Medical
  • Mystery
  • Parenting
  • Politics
  • Religion
  • Science
  • Science Fiction
  • Self Help
  • Sports
  • Teen
  • Travel

Page

  • Home
Powered by Blogger.
Copyright 2013 Free epub - All Rights Reserved Design by Mas Sugeng - Powered by Blogger and Google