• About
  • Privacy Policy
  • Disclaimer
  • Contact

Free epub

Search Free Epub Books Look Up Quick Results Now!

  • Home
  • How To Download
  • Computer
  • Engineering
  • Medical
  • Mystery
Home » Science Fiction » Free Epub Alien: Out of the Shadows

Free Epub Alien: Out of the Shadows

admin
Add Comment
Science Fiction
Friday, August 30, 2013

Alien: Out of the Shadows

Author: Tim Lebbon | Language: English | ISBN: B00DXKJ5TQ | Format: PDF

Alien: Out of the Shadows Description


THE FIRST IN AN ALL NEW, OFFICIAL TRILOGY SET IN THE ALIEN UNIVERSE!

Featuring the iconic Ellen Ripley in a terrifying new adventure that bridges the gap between Alien and Aliens. Officially sanctioned and true to the Alien cannon, Alien: Out of the Shadows expands upon the well-loved mythos and is a must for all Alien fans. 
  • Product Details
  • Table of Contents
  • Reviews
  • File Size: 1201 KB
  • Print Length: 352 pages
  • Publisher: Titan Books; Reprint edition (January 28, 2014)
  • Sold by: Amazon Digital Services, Inc.
  • Language: English
  • ASIN: B00DXKJ5TQ
  • Text-to-Speech: Enabled
  • X-Ray:
    Enabled
  • Lending: Not Enabled
  • Amazon Best Sellers Rank: #16,733 Paid in Kindle Store (See Top 100 Paid in Kindle Store)
    • #20
      in Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Science Fiction & Fantasy > Science Fiction > TV, Movie, Video Game Adaptations
    • #43
      in Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Literature & Fiction > Genre Fiction > Movie Tie-Ins
  • #20
    in Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Science Fiction & Fantasy > Science Fiction > TV, Movie, Video Game Adaptations
  • #43
    in Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Literature & Fiction > Genre Fiction > Movie Tie-Ins
TracingTheStars.com received an Advanced Review Copy from the publisher, seeking an honest review.

Well here it is, and I think all science fiction and Alien franchise fans will be pleased. I know I was excited when the publisher contacted me, seeking out a review. This is an official / canon novel that is set between movie 1, Alien, and movie 2, Aliens. It explores what happened to Ellen Ripley while she drifted in space and how she ended up where she did at the beginning of movie 2.

I don't normally accept review requests from non-indi publishers/authors. I try to stay away from mainstream for a few reasons, but I just couldn't pass this up. As an Alien fan, I knew I was going to either hate it or love it. I was afraid to be disappointed with a story stuck in between two existing movies, that Lebbon would try and change Ripley from the character I love, or that this would be some sort of off-shoot series reboot that takes the timeline somewhere out of canon. I knew Lebbon would have to thoroughly impress me to get high marks.

On the very first page, Lebbon issued his own challenge to Alien and hard-core sci-fi fans by quoting Carl Sagan:

'The universe seems neither benign nor hostile, merely indifferent.'

To quote Sagan before you even begin telling your story is like saying "I am about to blow your mind, so hold onto your butt because the kid-gloves are coming off". It's a risky move if you fail to follow it up and show that you've got the literary SpaceBalls to back up your gusto. By page four, I knew Lebbon wasn't bluffing.

The book starts off in an unexpected way - by introducing a whole new cast of characters.
I received a review copy of Alien Out of the Shadows from Titan Publishing. I’m a huge fan of the Alien film franchise, so obviously, it was the very next thing I decided to read. I’m glad I did: I had trouble putting this one down.

So let’s start with the story. Alien Out of Shadows picks up where the first film, Alien, stopped. Ripley is out there floating in space, but before the events of the second film, Aliens, something happens. This book is about that. A mining ship is floating above a planet, but (as to be expected), something goes wrong on the planet below. Two ships returning from the planet to their mother ship, the Marion, have brought something back with them – a lot of somethings. And those somethings are freaking terrifying. Meanwhile, Ripley’s escape shuttle, the Narcissus, turns up, where our infamous heroine wakes up from stasis to discover that her nightmare hasn’t ended. Can she escape the creatures that haunt her dreams again? You’ll have to read to find out.

The first thing I noticed, even in the first chapter, of this book is that it is brutal. Even George R.R. Martin doesn’t kill off characters that early in the story, but author Tim Lebbon has no qualms in doing so. There is a lot of violence right from the beginning and it’s a good indicator that this novel is not a prose-filled fest about what it means to exist, but a non-stop action-adventure that the characters might not survive. And that’s what’s most important in the Alien stories: survival. Of course, we know Ripley has to survive, but what about these other great characters she meets from the Marion? This book goes to great lengths to describe what it’s like attempting to survive in this new horrifying world of aliens.

Alien: Out of the Shadows Preview

Link

Please Wait...

0 Response to "Free Epub Alien: Out of the Shadows"

← Newer Post Older Post → Home
Subscribe to: Post Comments (Atom)

Label

  • Art
  • Biography
  • Business
  • Children
  • Comics
  • Computer
  • Cookbooks
  • Craft
  • Education
  • Engineering
  • Health
  • History
  • Humor
  • Literature
  • Medical
  • Mystery
  • Parenting
  • Politics
  • Religion
  • Science
  • Science Fiction
  • Self Help
  • Sports
  • Teen
  • Travel

Page

  • Home
Powered by Blogger.
Copyright 2013 Free epub - All Rights Reserved Design by Mas Sugeng - Powered by Blogger and Google