Duke Sucks: A Completely Evenhanded, Unbiased Investigation into the Most Evil Team on Planet Earth Author: | Language: English | ISBN:
1250008190 | Format: EPUB
Duke Sucks: A Completely Evenhanded, Unbiased Investigation into the Most Evil Team on Planet Earth Description
- Hardcover
- ISBN-10: 1250008190
- ISBN-13: 978-1250008190
I am not from North Carolina, nor have I ever been there. Rather, I was turned to this book by a friend who is from North Carolina. I opened this book with an open mind, not sure what to expect.
When I originally picked up this book, I figured it would be a fun read and I would be filled with a little laughter. Instead, I was filled with hate. I honestly don't know how I am supposed to do this review without breaking the Amazon.com review guidelines.
In this book, the alumni of Duke University come across as brain-dead zombies. Trapped in a world of group think, unable to stand on their own mentally. You can view their zombie like behavior during any televised Duke game (home game). Just listen as they make primal, unintelligible sounds while mindlessly hopping about. Watch, as they claw for the brains of the opposing players. Clawing, hoping, wishing for brains of their own (see page 140 of the book). They also paint their bodies blue, which makes them look like old, cold corpses. This is done to help them embody their zombie nature. It is no surprise that their team is coached by the much hated Coach K (King Rat). He is able to blend into the zombie filled arena unnoticed as zombies only desire the flesh of humans. Any normal, human, coach would have been assimilated into the zombie mob long ago. The King Rat is the only person err... thing that can coach a home game and live to tell about it.
The book also portrays Duke University and the people of its ilk as spoiled, whinny, douche like, as well as many other things. However, only one word comes to mind after everything I've learned from Tucker and Bagwell. Trash! These people are just trashy.
Duke Sucks: A Completely Evenhanded, Unbiased Investigation into the Most Evil Team on Planet Earth Preview
Link
Please Wait...