Romeo and Juliet Author: | Language: English | ISBN:
B00AWUY216 | Format: EPUB
Romeo and Juliet Description
The deadly feud between the Montagues and the Capulets forces Romeo and Juliet to wed in secret. What could possibly go wrong?
- Audible Audio Edition
- Listening Length: 3 hours and 4 minutes
- Program Type: Audiobook
- Version: Unabridged
- Publisher: Audio Book Contractors, LLC
- Audible.com Release Date: January 4, 2013
- Whispersync for Voice: Ready
- Language: English
- ASIN: B00AWUY216
Previously, I have only read two of Shakespeare's works, Midsummer's Night Dream and Julius Caeser. I liked Julius Caeser and I loved Midsummer's Night Dream. But I really don't think I understood William Shakespeare until reading Romeo and Juliet.
I think one of my first problems was that I read Shakespeare with the wrong mindset. I went in thinking that he was some romantic poet and all of his plays were in some way philosophical. I'm not illiterate, and yes the afore sentence is somewhat true-I still din't have the right perspective.
What made me realize was this book. Romeo and Juliet. Classic love story is what I expected. What I got was a satirical comedy and a whole lot of insight. The way that Shakespeare wrote it, really was pure genius. It's hilarious and I'm glad that i'm able to understand that now. It was more of a witty ballad and I loved reading it. The character Romeo and Mercutio were my favorite-due to the absolute irony and hilarity of their dialogue.
I'm delighted to understand, and I feel like I can really get a feel for any of his plays now. It was purely enjoyable to read Romeo and Juliet. I have a lot more appreciation for the famous playwright.
By T. Misbach
Great the book is fascinating I learn many history fir my essays I will get I less 100 ir 90
By denissse velez
Romeo and Juliet Preview
Link
Please Wait...