Essential Sewing Reference Tool: All-in-One Visual Guide Author: Carla Hegeman Crim | Language: English | ISBN:
B00HQSJ3KW | Format: EPUB
Essential Sewing Reference Tool: All-in-One Visual Guide Description
Comprehensive, this must-have book, Essential Sewing Reference Tool, by Carla Hegeman Crim, is an indispensable guide for anyone who sews (or wants to start). Organized for easy readability and usage, it covers everything you need to know whether you’re making a home decoration, piece of clothing, or an accessory. Contents include an extensive overview on tools and materials, step-by-step instructions on various seams and finishes, information on zipper installation, size conversion charts, over 300 how-to photographs, and so much more.- File Size: 5471 KB
- Print Length: 128 pages
- Publisher: C&T Publishing (February 1, 2014)
- Sold by: Amazon Digital Services, Inc.
- Language: English
- ASIN: B00HQSJ3KW
- Text-to-Speech: Enabled
X-Ray:
- Lending: Not Enabled
- Amazon Best Sellers Rank: #260,455 Paid in Kindle Store (See Top 100 Paid in Kindle Store)
I purchased this book because I have purchased several of the author's sewing patterns, and I love how she is able to pack a wealth of detailed information in such a clear, easy to read way. This book is appropriate for all skill levels of sewing. The book starts out by offering basic information on necessary sewing equipment and terminology. It also includes chapters for more specialized information, such as trims, closures, home decor sewing, and garment sewing.
There is so much information packed in this little book, and it's really easy to navigate with color-coded sections marked in the upper right hand corner of each page. My favorite part of the book are all of the tables. There are an abundance of quick-reference tables for common sewing tasks that give standard bedding sizes, table linen dimensions, size charts, and so much more! And at the very end of the book there is a page of conversions to quickly convert decimels to fractions, yards to centimeters, and yards to inches to decimals.
I would highly recommend this book for anyone who sews. The information is clear, easy to read and understand, and useful to everyday sewing needs. It will be such a time-saver sitting next to my sewing machine, as I will be referring to it often.
By Melissa Simpson
I wish I had realized this book was only 6x9 inches before I purchased it. The information is excellent, however the diagrams are small. For instance the diagrams of the different types of presser feet are so small it is difficult to distinguish one type from the other. Otherwise, an excellent resource with lots of good information.
By Terrie Buckner
Essential Sewing Reference Tool: All-in-One Visual Guide Preview
Link
Please Wait...