Make Every Man Want You: How to Be So Irresistible You'll Barely Keep from Dating Yourself! Author: Visit Amazon's Marie Forleo Page | Language: English | ISBN:
0071597816 | Format: EPUB
Make Every Man Want You: How to Be So Irresistible You'll Barely Keep from Dating Yourself! Description
About the Author
Marie Forleo is a life coach, fitness personality, and relationship expert for Fox News online. Learn more at marieforleo.com.
- Paperback: 172 pages
- Publisher: McGraw-Hill; 1 edition (April 4, 2008)
- Language: English
- ISBN-10: 0071597816
- ISBN-13: 978-0071597814
- Product Dimensions: 8.3 x 5.6 x 0.5 inches
- Shipping Weight: 2.4 ounces (View shipping rates and policies)
I read book reviews on amazon before I purchase books, in order to ensure that I am getting books that have helped the most people. I figure there's strength in numbers, in a manner of speaking. That's half the reason I ordered this book by Maria Forleo -- good reviews. The other half of the reason was the title: Make Every Man Want You. Who could resist a title like that? It was too intriguing to pass up! I wanted to know what these so-called secrets were.
Sadly, this was indeed a case of GREAT marketing... way too great. The title completely oversold the book. What I expected to read was a helpful guide overviewing some of the pitfalls that trip up women and make them self-sabotage on dates. What I found instead was a useless pep talk written by someone who honestly comes across as a 20-year-old college cheerleader. "You're so fabulous!!" and "You are an amazing, irresistable woman!" scream up at you from every page until you want to shake the book and throw it against the wall. Honestly. I wanted to yell, "I know that! I have a graduate degree, I'm not a moron! Tell me something useful." I completely agree with the reviewer who said that Forleo doesn't present a single original idea in this entire book. It's basically a book of other people's thoughts cobbled together in the peppy cheerleader voice. Some highlights:
-- You're irresistable!
-- Live in the moment! That's all there is!
-- Embrace your is-ness (does this remind ANYONE else of You, Me and Dupree when Owen Wilson becomes famous for his series of books and lectures on "harnessing your inner 'ness'"??? No? Just me?
Make Every Man Want You: How to Be So Irresistible You'll Barely Keep from Dating Yourself! Preview
Link
Please Wait...