• About
  • Privacy Policy
  • Disclaimer
  • Contact

Free epub

Search Free Epub Books Look Up Quick Results Now!

  • Home
  • How To Download
  • Computer
  • Engineering
  • Medical
  • Mystery
Home » Self Help » Free Epub The Highly Sensitive Person's Survival Guide: Essential Skills for Living Well in an Overstimulating World

Free Epub The Highly Sensitive Person's Survival Guide: Essential Skills for Living Well in an Overstimulating World

admin
Add Comment
Self Help
Wednesday, September 12, 2012

The Highly Sensitive Person's Survival Guide: Essential Skills for Living Well in an Overstimulating World

Author: Ted Zeff | Language: English | ISBN: B008RYMYQ4 | Format: PDF

The Highly Sensitive Person's Survival Guide: Essential Skills for Living Well in an Overstimulating World Description

If you’re a highly sensitive person (HSP), you’re in good company. HSP’s make up some 20 percent of the population, individuals like you who both enjoy and wrestle with a finely tuned nervous system. You often sense things that others ignore such as strong smells, bright lights, and the crush of crowds. Even the presence of strangers in your immediate vicinity can cause you considerable distraction. You already know that this condition can be a gift, but, until you learn to master your sensitive nervous system, you might be operating in a constant state of overstimulation.

As an HSP, the most important thing you can learn is how to manage your increased sensitivity to both physical and emotional stimulation. This accessible, practical guide contains strategies to help you master this critical skill. Build your coping skills by exploring the books engaging exercises. Then, keep the book by your side, a constant companion as you make your way through your vibrant and highly stimulating world.

  • Find out what it means to be a highly sensitive person
  • Take the self-examination quiz and find out whether you are highly sensitive
  • Learn coping techniques indispensable to IHP’s
  • Discover how to manage distractions like noise and time pressure at home and at work
  • Reduce sensory-provoked tension with meditation and deep relaxation techniques
  • Navigate the challenges of interacting with others in social and intimate relationships
  • Product Details
  • Table of Contents
  • Reviews
  • File Size: 409 KB
  • Print Length: 200 pages
  • Publisher: New Harbinger Publications; 1 edition (October 1, 2004)
  • Sold by: Amazon Digital Services, Inc.
  • Language: English
  • ASIN: B008RYMYQ4
  • Text-to-Speech: Enabled
  • X-Ray:
    Not Enabled
  • Lending: Not Enabled
  • Amazon Best Sellers Rank: #46,454 Paid in Kindle Store (See Top 100 Paid in Kindle Store)
    • #66
      in Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Nonfiction > Self-Help > Stress Management
  • #66
    in Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Nonfiction > Self-Help > Stress Management
I read Elaine Aron's book, "The Highly Sensitive Person" which was

quite helpful, but I still didn't know how to cope with my sensitivity

in this harsh world. I work in a pressure cooker environment with so

much loud noise, deadlines and aggressive people, I'm wiped out at the

end of the day. I found the chapter on `Creating a Peaceful Work

Environment" a godsend. I immediately started employing the suggestions

in the book. I was scared to ask my boss if I could work part time from

home, but I followed Ted Zeff's suggestions on how to explain to others

about my HSP trait and finally got the courage to ask for a change. I'm

now able to work three half days from home and being out of that

intense office has made me feel more relaxed and able to cope better

with my job.

While the chapters on calming the senses, coping with time pressure,

maintaining a healthy body and nurturing the HSP soul were helpful, I particularly found useful the chapter on "Harmonious

Relationships for the HSP." My entire life I have been sensitive and

over-reacted to people who have teased me or treated me in an abrasive

manner. I've been following the book's different techniques to reduce

conflicts with people and have had some encouraging results. I'm

finding that I'm asserting myself more in a positive manner when people

have made hurtful comments. I used to be upset sometimes for days when

someone hurt my feelings. I'm feeling hopeful that I have some new

tools that seem to really work so I won't keep obsessing over people

who have hurt me.
As a child, I was sent to my room as punishment for being "too sensitive" within my very stoic family. Looking back, I think I probably relished the time alone although I still remember the conflicting feelings of aloneness in not being understood, wondering why I so easily cried during a sad movie or other empathic inducements while others did not, wondering if there really was something wrong with me, etc. Later, in trying to eliminate all pieces of the sensitivity traits, I remained a bit different, regardless. Later still, I have found a good balance which simply comes from knowing and being true to yourself, knowing your strengths and limitations, saying "yes" to what would be good for you and learning to say "no" when need be. Good sense for anyone - highly sensitive or not.

The HSP (Highly Sensitive Person) is wired differently than most. Their nervous systems are more reactive and finely tuned, processing things - both positive and negative - more deeply. Also their brain wave patterns are more frequently in the theta state (near the state of meditation, open to intuitive feelings and able to pick up light, sound and other subtle vibrations easily) so truly they should be aware that their water glass holds more stimuli from sources that can become overwhelming and spilled over when not handled properly.

Maybe it's because I am an older HSP and have learned to adjust to the inherent traits, but I felt this book was not as beneficial as I had hoped. In addition, I felt many parts of "The Highly Sensitive Person's Survival Guide" focused on negative limitations instead of needed ways to transcend problems and troublesome situations.

The Highly Sensitive Person's Survival Guide: Essential Skills for Living Well in an Overstimulating World Preview

Link

Please Wait...

0 Response to "Free Epub The Highly Sensitive Person's Survival Guide: Essential Skills for Living Well in an Overstimulating World"

← Newer Post Older Post → Home
Subscribe to: Post Comments (Atom)

Label

  • Art
  • Biography
  • Business
  • Children
  • Comics
  • Computer
  • Cookbooks
  • Craft
  • Education
  • Engineering
  • Health
  • History
  • Humor
  • Literature
  • Medical
  • Mystery
  • Parenting
  • Politics
  • Religion
  • Science
  • Science Fiction
  • Self Help
  • Sports
  • Teen
  • Travel

Page

  • Home
Powered by Blogger.
Copyright 2013 Free epub - All Rights Reserved Design by Mas Sugeng - Powered by Blogger and Google