City Walks: Paris, Revised Edition: 50 Adventures on Foot Cards Author: Christina Henry de Tessan | Language: English | ISBN:
0811874095 | Format: EPUB
City Walks: Paris, Revised Edition: 50 Adventures on Foot Cards Description
About the Author
Christina Henry de Tessan is the editor-at-large of the City Walks series, and the author of several of the decks, including the original Paris deck and the revised editions of New York and London.
- Series: City Walks
- Cards: 50 pages
- Publisher: Chronicle Books; Crds Rev U edition (February 16, 2011)
- Language: English
- ISBN-10: 0811874095
- ISBN-13: 978-0811874090
- Product Dimensions: 5.7 x 4.2 x 1.3 inches
- Shipping Weight: 12 ounces (View shipping rates and policies)
I purchased these cards to supplement my planning for a trip to Paris I will be taking early next year. The thing I like about them is they are a good resource for suggested routes of exploration for different areas in Paris. By using Google Earth Street View with these cards, I'm able to check a route and determine if it would be a good one for the actual trip.
If you plan to use these cards, you might want to consider the pre-planning that I am doing. On one card, it shows a route that apparently goes through building where there is no passage. I thought it was odd that I couldn't see a passage on Google Earth. I checked my Streetwise map and it shows the same building with no passage.
On another card, the route shows to walk a short distance down a street to a chocolate shop, which the map shows is in the first block on the west side of the street. Again, I checked this in Google Earth and I couldn't find the shop in the location indicated on the map. The card says the shop's address number is 89, but the only address I found in that block on that side of the street was 72. Once I turned around and moved down to the next block, there it was at 89, on the opposite side of the street from what is shown on the card's map.
I looked at a third card in the same general area. I found that it directed me along a street that was visited on a previous card and it suggested a store next to a store that was already visited on the previous card. The 3 cards suggest that they can be done sequentially. Why send me down the same street on 2 different occasions to visit stores that are next to each other? I also found, by way of an Internet search, that one of the shops they suggest isn't even there anymore. Not very impressive for a 2012 edition.
City Walks: Paris, Revised Edition: 50 Adventures on Foot Cards Preview
Link
Please Wait...